Once you’ve arrived in Singapore, it’s time to start exploring! The city-state is packed with exciting attractions that cater to every interest.
- Gardens by the Bay: A futuristic garden with giant Supertrees, the Flower Dome, and the Cloud Forest. It’s a must-visit for its beautiful green spaces and impressive indoor gardens.
- Jewel Changi Airport: Singapore’s lifestyle destination and iconic architectural landmark. It features breathtaking views of the HSBC Rain Vortex and stunning landscaping, offering a range of one-of-a-kind experiences.
- Marina Bay Sands: This iconic hotel and entertainment complex features the stunning rooftop infinity pool, offering panoramic views of the city skyline. Don’t miss the SkyPark and the famous light and water show, “Spectra,” at the Marina Bay Sands Event Plaza.
- Sentosa Island: A popular resort island with various attractions, including Universal Studios Singapore, S.E.A. Aquarium, Adventure Cove Waterpark, and numerous beautiful beaches.
- Chinatown: Immerse yourself in Chinese culture and history by exploring Chinatown’s bustling streets, traditional shops, and delicious street food stalls. Check out our guide to Chinatown here!
- Singapore Flyer: A giant Ferris wheel offering panoramic views of the city and surrounding areas.
Best Restaurants and Street Food in Singapore
No trip to Singapore is complete without indulging in its world-renowned cuisine. From fine dining restaurants to humble street stalls, there’s something to satisfy every food lover’s palate. For a truly authentic experience, make your way to the hawker centres, where you can sample a wide variety of local dishes at affordable prices. Here are some of the best options, curated specifically from Venuerific:
- Osomatsu & Bar: An exquisite space for Japanese dining, cocktails, entertainment, and more within Kinex Mall’s most luxurious event venue. Its inventive dishes include the Salmon Mentaiko Mayo, Unagi Cheese Maki, and the Kaisen Chirashi.
- Path Restaurant: A contemporary Singaporean dining experience that combines the comfort of East Asian flavours with refined French techniques! They even have an imaginative wine list focused on grape varietals and quality—all for you to enjoy.
- Food Capital Restaurant: a spacious riverside all-day dining and buffet restaurant in Singapore, with a tranquil atmosphere, scenic river views. Enjoy selections like Canadian Snow Crab Leg, Chilean Scallop, Australian Beef Rib Eye, and more.
- Tempo Bar Grill: Savour a wide range of BBQ, seafood, Western, and Asian dishes, while relishing eco-friendly signature cocktails by the scenic Singapore River.
- Armenor: An approachable modern European restaurant in Singapore offers a contemporary take on classic dishes, combining signature hospitality and a delicious brunch menu. It includes an Armenor Brunch Board and Prosciutto Crab Rosti.
- Baba Chews: Open all day and known for its carefully crafted menu that offers a contemporary twist on Asian cuisine, featuring dishes like Grilled Assam Halibut and Beef Rendang, as well as familiar comfort foods like Ribeye Steak and Fish & Chips.
Transportation in Singapore
Getting around Singapore is a breeze, thanks to its efficient public transportation system. The MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) is the most popular mode of transportation, with its extensive network covering almost every corner of the city. The buses in Singapore are also a convenient option, especially if you’re travelling to areas not covered by the MRT.
If you prefer a more leisurely way of exploring the city, you can rent a bicycle from one of the many bike-sharing services available in Singapore. Cycling is a great way to see the sights at your own pace and enjoy the beautiful green spaces that the city has to offer.
Safety Tips for Exploring Singapore
While Singapore is generally a safe city, it’s always important to take necessary precautions when travelling. Be mindful of your belongings and avoid displaying expensive items in public. It’s also advisable to stay in well-lit and crowded areas, especially at night. Familiarise yourself with the local emergency numbers and keep important documents, such as your passport, in a safe place.
Conclusion: Exploring Singapore from Johor Bahru
Exploring Singapore from Johor Bahru is not only convenient but also affordable. From the top attractions to the hidden gems, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city-state. So pack your bags, book your accommodation through Venuerific, and get ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure in Singapore. Happy travels!