Your baby’s first birthday is a start to the celebration of their life. Throwing a first birthday party can seem overwhelming with all the never ending baby nurturing tasks. However, we present you a guide to have a sweet party with little planning and preparation. Wouldn’t you wanna shout out loud and sing a happy song for successfully hitting the baby’s first year? Your baby won’t remember this party but you might as well make the best of it when they are still a little bundle within your arms 🙂 So here you go, A sweet and simple guide to your baby’s 1st birthday celebration.
1. Choosing a venue
Home is usually the easiest place to host a first birthday party as it is the most hassle free and safest option. However, it can be a little too small to accommodate all your guests. And also who wants to end up scrubbing and cleaning the house from all the spills and trashes. Save the time for sleep that you have been lacking on. Being it the first birthday, go for a bright & bubbly venue. Take a look at this Bohemian & plants cherishing restaurant called Plentyful. Find out more about this venue!
2. Choosing a theme
The party themes are not that important to your 1 year old baby or the guests. However, a theme can make your party become more unique and cute. Well, genuinely speaking it also gives you a sense of direction on how to organize the party! You can choose themes based on your baby’s gender or a cute and trendy cartoon character. You will have an album full of beautiful and framable photos. A garden themed or aloha themed party could be perfect theme with plants, flowers and all things colorful could be perfect.
3. Choosing yummy Food & Beverages
Keep the food simple, finger food won’t interrupt play or socializing and work well for both babies and adults. Tiny crustless tea sandwiches, mini homemade and healthy muffins, fresh fruit, cubes of mind cheese, crackers and mini yogurt are good option. You can also try to create your food with some cute animal decoration. Important: Take note some of their little friends might still be toothless.
Also please avoid serving popcorn, raisins, nuts, marshmallows, and other foods that may present a choking hazard to little ones. For beverages it’s a good idea to have milk, water and fruit juice for the kids and sodas for the adults. The cake is the highlight of the dessert table. So spend on a cute and perhaps a homemade birthday cake as it is made specially with love. Scroll below for some inspirations.
4. Making it fun with Game & Activities
Bursting balloons can be a tad too frightening but not bubbles. These magical transparent weightless floating bubbles never seize to amuse children and make them wiggle in merry. Get those bubble guns and fill the room with bubbles for your kids and their little kids to jump, pop and smile. Perfect candid moments for the album. Turn up some jumpy rhymes or beats and dance along with your children as well.
Before the date of the party, you can ask guests to send photos of themselves as babies. On the day of the party hang all the photos around the room. Ask your guests to guess the babies and the person with the most correct guesses can be rewarded with attractive prizes.
5. Making it special with Goody Bags
Goody bags are always a sweet and nice gesture to send off and thank your guests for turning up to be with you and celebrate the best moments of your child. You can choose something simple yet memorable that would remind of your baby’s 1st.
It’s not over yet, we still have some general tips for you
- Stow away precious ornaments and breakables.
- Keep a watchful eye on the party area for hazards, such as forks and small swallowable objects, and clear them away quickly.
- Have somewhere clean, handy, and well-equipped for diaper changing.
- Breastfeeding moms may appreciate somewhere quiet and private to nurse.
- Make sure you have a willing volunteer to take plenty of photos and video. You may be too busy, and you don’t want to miss those shots of your baby digging into her first birthday cake!
That’s all the steps for a sweet and simple guide to your baby’s 1st birthday celebration. Does all of the planning seem nerve wrecking? Too many details to take note and take care. Well, no worries! WE HAVE GOT A ONE-STOP SOLUTION. Uh huh you heard it right. Gone are the days where you have to settle every vendor from the Venue to F&B.
WHAT IF WE TOLD YOU IF WE HAVE SUCH A CELEBRATION PACKAGE?
- Venue: Plentyfull
- Food (3 appetizers and 5 mains servings for 100 pax)
- (3 Appetizers: Potted dips, Plum salted tomato, Classical Nicoise Salad)
- (5 Mains: Charcoal grilled Thai roasted chicken, Smoked chili & lemongrass salmon, Ratatouille’s Ratatouille, Grilled asparagus & house smoked bacon roll, Ham & cheese toasties, Gratinated pasta pomodoro)
- Beverages (Non-alcoholic 3 hours free-flow for 100pax)
- Dessert Table (5 variety of desserts: macaroons, sugar cookies, pops, cupcakes, ribena jelly)
- A1 Backdrop (Theme of your choice)
- Cake (Flavour of your choice)
- FREE gift of photography from the Venuerific team (2 hours)
- FREE gift of balloons from the Venuerific team (50 balloons)
So simply purchase this package and your celebration is just the date away! Dress up your little pumpkin, Dance around with them, Eat some delicious food, Smudge your face with cake, sing a happy song and be merry!
Venuerific is Southeast Asia’s largest event venue marketplace currently in Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, and Indonesia. We are a young and dynamic team that loves introducing people to all manner of amazing, trendy, beautiful, professional and truly unique venues.
Visit www.venuerific.com to start planning your event now!